Duke of Gloucester Street
Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia
2017 has been a very unusual year for us. We live just 60 miles away and love visiting, but have not been to Colonial Williamsburg this year. This photo is from November last year.
Williamsburg Historic District, both a National Historic Landmark (1960) and on the National Register of Historic Places (1966; 66000925), includes most of Colonial Williamsburg. In addition, Bruton Parish Church, George Wythe house, & Peyton Randolph house are separately listed on both; all are among the original 88 buildings existing when restoration of Williamsburg began in the 1920s. Another three of the original 88 are in this photo; on the left is James Geddy house, an L-shaped house built in the 1760s by James Geddy, Jr, who bought the property from his widowed mother in 1760; beyond the Geddy house, the two-story brick Roscow Cole house and the Courthouse in Market Square also among the 88 original buildings.
Press "L" for larger image, on black
Tagged: , virginia , williamsburg , colonial williamsburg , cw buildings , cw original 88 , houses , old houses , james geddy house , roscow cole house , courthouses , cw courthouse , large animals , horses , cw carriages , blue sky-white clouds , fall color , november 2016 , november , 2016 , canon24-70/4L